Tuesday

WNBA

October 18, 1996
Dear Diary,

A couple days ago, I was signed to play in the WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association). Did I mention that I (and the other players that are picked to play) will be the first ever to play in the WNBA? The officials had announced that the teams would be: Charlotte, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Houston, New York, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Then, just today, the WNBA held it's Elite Draft for the 16 signed players. I went to the Los Angeles Sparks, my hometown team. The season scheduled to be in the summer. I think that is kind of odd because usual basketball season are in the winter. I can kind of see their point. This way, they will have little or no competition for the fan's attention. It is still going to be weird to play in the summer but I will get used to it. The first game is on June 21, the first day of summer. I still have a while to prepare. I know that I will be able to play well because I have played basketball for almost all my life.

Wish Me Luck!!
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment