Tuesday

Sports Complex

June 2001
Dear Diary,

It is an amazing feeling to know that people cared about you enough to have a sports complex built for you. That is what Morningside High, my old high school did for me. So far, it consists of a 42,000 square foot basketball court with 12 baskets, donated by Nike. Eventually, the complex will include facilities for track, baseball, soccer, and tennis. The town even had a ceremony for me. The ceremony was so moving, I cried. This is probably going to be the last diary entry for me since I am so busy so I will give you some advice if you want to play basketball before I go. First of all, you have to practice a lot. I used to practice for hours at the gym, taking about 500 shots from all over the court. And second, never give up no matter how hard it is.

Sincerely,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment