Tuesday

Olympic Medal

July 1996
Dear Diary,

This is the moment I have been waiting for ever since I first touched a basketball. Our team, the US, has just won an Olympic gold medal for basketball! Let me tell you about how we made this great win happen. First, we beat off Cuba, Ukraine, Zaire, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. During the game against Japan, I set a new Olympic world record, scoring 35 points in one game. I was soon described as the "unstoppable Lisa Leslie". The Brazilian team was hard to beat. They were one of the best teams in the world and had won the gold medal last year. We did succeed in beating them. We made it to the three medal games and we won all three. The country is finally becoming aware of women's basketball. This is the happiest moment in my basketball career!

Until Later,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment