Tuesday

Madison Square Garden

July 14th, 1999
Dear Diary,

Earlier today, I was playing basketball at Madison Square Garden! I was very excited to be playing there because because the fans voted on who should be playing. There was five starting players from the Western Conference and five starting players from the Eastern Conference. I was nervous to play though because the closer the big game got, the more my wrist started to hurt. I had hurt my wrist during a fall on the court and I was unable to handle the ball like I usually did. Even though my wrist still did hurt before the game, I felt more relaxed when the game started. I focused more on my shots and not on my wrist. The game started with a 10-0 lead for the West (my team) and it ended with the West Conference winning, 79-61! The crowd helped too. They got me totally fired up and the atmosphere was awesome!

Sincerely,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment