Tuesday

Last High School Game

May 1989
Dear Diary,
Yesterday I swore to make my last high school game the best I had ever played. I succeeded in doing that. I knew it was going to be hard to reach my goal. I had averaged 27 points and 15 rebounds a game. I blocked the shots of anybody that got in my way. In our last game we played South Terrence High School. My coach knew my goal and he told my teammates to get the ball to me so that I could break Morningside's single-game scoring record. My teammates came through. I had 49 points in the first quarter! I came back with 52 in the second, giving me 101 at half-time. Not only did I set a new school record, but I was 5 points away from beating the all time single game record! But that was only halftime. I was determined to get those 5 extra points. But the other team was too embarrassed to play the second half and forfeited. After the game I won the Naismith Prep Player of the year. This is the highlight of my career so far.
Sincerely,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment