Tuesday

Never Give Up

August 1999
Dear Diary,

The 1999 WNBA season is a symbol to never give up. The season did not start off well. We lost more games then we won. The thing that got me fired up was the talk that my coach gave me. After he gave us that talk we won 6 games in a row. As soon as we got fired up though, we cooled down again. We lost 9 out of 10 games. We had been in second place, but now we were in third. The longer the season went on, the less our team looked like a playoff contender. I had reached the lowest point in my career and I felt like I could't recover. But I decided that the season wasn't over and I still had a chance to be in the playoffs. Our team bounced back again and won 3 of the last 4 games. We played a game and won against the Charlotte Sting. That game marked the turning point for me. We played a couple more games and made it into the playoffs! My goal was to win it all. We played some games and we won most of them. But then, when we were in the finals against the Houston Comets, a player from the other team was taunting me. I shoved her and I was kicked out of the game. Our team ended up losing. But I am still trying to be positive. This is not the end of my career and there will always be next year. This year was a very exciting and I will try to stay ahead of the competition.

Sincerely,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment