Tuesday

MVP

August 1999
Dear Diary,

Being the first to achieve an honor is an experience no one can take away. It is the greatest feeling in the world. I just won the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the very first All-Star game of the WNBA. But this is not the first award I have won. I was a three time All American in college, National Player of the Year, National Freshman of the Year, Naismith College Player of the Year, All WNBA Selection and have been a member of numerous all-star teams. That is a lot of awards but this award means the most to me. I am the first person to ever receive this reward. I still can't believe it. Before I won this I was just a name on some lists. But now I truly feel like a part of the history of women's basketball.

Sincerely,
Lisa Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment